Bowman County is gearing up for the holidays with a business December schedule.
This Saturday, Santa Day at Rhame is scheduled at 10 a.m. There will be free lunch provided at 11:30 a.m., with Santa arriving from 1-2 p.m. Then, at 3 p.m., on Saturday, the Rec Center is hosting Frosty Frolic, which provides the community an opportunity to partake in arts and crafts, enjoy Christmas assortments and holiday joy throughout the day.
Monday, December 10, the Bowman County K-6 Christmas Concert will take place in the high-school gym beginning at 7 p.m. Santa will also be making his way to Bowman Saturday, December 15, at the Bowman Theater. There will be hayrides from noon till 4 p.m. The community can enjoy a holiday movie beginning at 2 p.m., and the kids can visit with Santa before and after the movie at the theater.
• The Bowman Theater announced its shutting down operations November 6, 2018. The final day for the theater will be December 31, 2018. The Bowman County Development Corporation (BCDC) has stated in the past and reiterated in the most recent newsletter their plans to visit with the City and County Commission regarding the theater. However, the BCDC has also stated they fully support any private considerations to purchase the theater.
• Crossroads Business Park: According to the newsletter from the BCDC, a vote was taken to rename the industrial park to the Business Park to convey a more accurate image of the development. The BCDC stated the paving of the park will be delayed until next year. At the current moment, the BCDC is working on appraising lots, a logo and development signage.
• Empowering Leaders: The September Burgers in the Park was cancelled due to weather. In October, the group gathered at the Bowman County School and met with three high school leaders who divulged their views on leadership, youth and community involvement.
• Fusion: The 2019 Fusion conference will be held October 1 and 2. However, before the focus turns on the third annual conference, it’s time to put a wrap on the second annual conference. The Second annual Fusion Conference was held October 3 and 4. There were 188 attendees at the event, 375 students and 20 presenters.
• Save the date: The annual meeting for the Bowman County Development Corporation will be held at Sweetwater Golf Course February, 27. 2019.